I have always been curious about how people story their lives. My background is in communication science and journalism. I worked as an international investigative journalist, writing features about crime, justice, and mental health. For a number of years, I was based at Bush House in London as a producer for the BBC World Service.
I started my psychotherapy training in 2006. In my current role, I continue to see myself as a ‘story catcher’ and fully involved partner in the exciting dance of co-designing new ways of relating and new ways of being.
I am deeply committed to furthering the knowledge in the field of psychotherapy. I conduct qualitative research (case study and auto-ethnography) using anonymised clinical material. I have written academic papers and I have delivered workshops on various psychotherapy issues such as working with male clients, suicide, working with groups, conducting risk assessment and the psychotherapeutic relationship.
I have experience working in a variety of public settings including Marches Counselling Service in Hereford and the largest IAPT site in the country, at Merton and Sutton Hospital (London), where I was an honorary psychotherapist working with groups and individuals.
I currently lead the MSc Year 2 in Transactional Analysis at Metanoia Institute in London, and I have also taught at Worcester University and Herefordshire, North Shropshire and Ludlow College (Higher Education).
- Provisional Teaching and Supervising Transactional Analyst
- Master of Science in Psychotherapy with distinction from Middlesex University
- Certified Transactional Analyst (Psychotherapy) Metanoia Institute
- Diploma in Education and Training
- Diploma in Clinical Supervision
- Certificate in Clinical Assessments
- Certificate in the Use of Psychological Questionnaires
- BSc in Communication Science, Lucian Blaga University
- Baccalaureate in English Language, Mathematics, Philosophy
- Registered with United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy
- Member of the European Association of Transactional Analysis
- Member of the International Association of Relational Transactional Analysis
- Member of Metanoia Institute